Directory

MECHANICSBURG MUSEUM ASSOCIATION

2 Strawberry Alley Mechanicsburg, PA 17055
717-697-6088
The MMA owns and preserves four Mechanicsburg buildings built by the Cumberland Valley Railroad: The 1866 Stationmaster's House, The 1886 Freight Station, The 1867 Passenger Station and the 1899 Washington Street Station. The buildings are open to the public during regular museum hours and at special events, such as Jubilee Day, and other community celebrations. The 1801 Frankenberger Tavern, Mechanicsburg's oldest known building, is open seasonally and for special events. Admission is free to all normal exhibits.

The Passenger Station, Stationmaster's House, and Freight Station are close together in one complex. Ā Free parking is available at the Freight Station, including handicap parking. Enter the lot from North Market Street. There is more free parking available at the borough lot just west of the museum on Strawberry Alley, as well as plenty of on-street parking in the area. The Passenger Station and Freight Station are both handicap accessible. The ground floor of the Stationmaster's house is also handicap accessible. Normal hours are Wednesday through Saturday, 12:00 to 3:00, with special hours for borough events and the Christmas season. The Freight Station is closed three times per year for exhibit change.

The Washington Street Station is a few blocks west of the main complex, a short distance north of Main Street. Free on-street parking is available.

There is no food or drink available in the museum buildings, but there are restaurants within a short walk on Main Street, and many more within a short drive. Ask any of our museum docents for specific