If you’re looking to get underground during your visit to Pennsylvania Dutch Country there are three options available to you: Indian Echo Caverns, Crystal Cave and Lost River Caverns.
Indian Echo Caverns
- $14 for seniors ages 62 and over
- $16 for adults ages 12 to 62
- $10 for children ages 2-11
- FREE for children ages under 2
- Group rates available
- Open year-round – 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM
- Memorial Day to Labor Day – 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Closed for Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Day
- Located near Hummelstown in Dauphin County, PA
- Tour runs ~ 45 minutes
- Other activities on site include: gift shop, playground, petting zoo, gem panning
- Phone: 717-566-8131
- $13.50 for adults ages 12 and up
- $9.50 for children ages 4 – 11
- FREE for children ages 3 and under
- Group rates available
- Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day – Daily 9AM – 6PM; Sat, Sun and Holidays 9AM – 7PM
- Thereafter thru September – Daily 9AM – 5PM; Sat, Sun and Holidays 9AM – 6PM
- October, November, March and April – Daily 9AM – 5PM; Sat, Sun and Holidays 9AM – 5 PM
- May – Daily 9AM – 5PM; Sat, Sun and Holidays 9AM – 6 PM
- Closed December, January and February
- Located near Kutztown in Berks Country, PA
- Tour runs ~ 55 minutes
- Other activities on site include: gift shop, snack bar, miniature golf, nature trail, gem panning
- Phone: 610-683-6765
Lost River Caverns
- $12.50 for adults ages 13 and over
- $7.75 for children ages 3-12
- Free for children under 3
- Group rates available
- Open year-round – 9AM – 5PM
- Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day – 9AM to 6PM
- Closed for Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years Day and ½ day Easter
- Located in Hellertown in Northampton County, PA
- Tour runs ~ 30 to 45 minutes
- Other activities on site include: gift shop, nature trail, gem panning, Gilman Museum
- Phone: 888-529-1907, 610-838-8767
→ Tour of Saucon Valley barns offers glimpse in farming history - The Morning Call
For more information go to sauconvalleyconservancy.org.
There is a distinct connection between the agricultural potency of the Pennsylvania Dutch Country and the three commercial caves located within it -- limestone. As Germans flooded into the region ...
→ Kutztown Folk Festival celebrates Pa. Dutch culture | WFMZ.com
video platformvideo managementvideo solutionsvideo player
→ Pictures: Shooting in the New Year in Kutztown - The Morning Call
Christian Schega and his crew have some top-notch gear and a nose for local lore. They're in Kutztown to shoot a feature-length documentary about Pennsylvania Dutch culture, which they said is ...
Keeping early American culture alive may be difficult in this age of computers and iPhones, but the Kutztown Folk Festival — widely recognized as one of the best folklife festivals ...
→ Hummelstown B&B named one of 10 best in the country
Learn more about The Inn at Westwynd Farm here.
→ Cocoa crazy: Spending time in Hershey, Pennsylvania - Philly.com
Some ideas for what to do on your next trip to Hershey.
→ PHOTOS 65th annual Kutztown Folk Festival
Huge gallery of superb images from this year's festival by photographer Roxanne Richardson.
→ Taste The Harvest | Visit PA Dutch Country
Follow the link for more events at the Pennsylvania German Cultural Heritage Center.
→ Pinnacle Ridge sees interest in sparkling wines beginning to bubble up - PennLive.com
Berks county winery hopes to be producing 700 cases combined of Brut Rose, Cuvee Chardonnay and Blanc de Blanc ...
All photos © visitpadutchcountry.com
Today, about 136 Mennonite Plain Dutch families call the Kutztown area home, an increase of almost 40% in the last 15 years with meetinghouses being filled in Kutztown and Fleetwood ...
→ Mountain Folk Band to perform inside Crystal Cave - Reading Eagle
Tractors rule at Old Time Plowboys show in Kutztown - Morning Call
The Plowboys Summer Show will be held at The Pennsylvania German Cultural Heritage Center at Kutztown University.
And don't forget ...
Source: ‘S Kutztown Folk Festival hot gschtaert | The Pennsylvania German Newspaper
→ 21 area wineries, meaderies, breweries to participate in Taste of Kutztown.
Tour of Saucon Valley barns offers glimpse in farming history
Underground wonders of Pennsylvania Dutch Country
VIDEO | Kutztown Folk Festival celebrates Pa. Dutch culture
Pictures: Shooting in the New Year in Kutztown
German filmmakers documenting PA Dutch culture in Kutztown
Crystal Cave Vintage Postcards
Kutztown Folk Festival: reasons to attend one of country’s best folklike events
The Inn at Westwynd Farm in Hummelstown named one of 10 best in the country
Cocoa crazy: Spending time in Hershey, Pennsylvania
PHOTOS: 65th annual Kutztown Folk Festival
VIDEO | Live Like a Local : Crystal Cave – Berks County, PA
EVENT | Taste The Harvest at the Pennsylvania German Cultural Heritage Center
Pinnacle Ridge sees interest in sparkling wines beginning to bubble up
PHOTOS | 2014 Kutztown Folk Festival – Kutztown, PA
The Old Order Mennonite Sect at Kutztown
Mountain Folk Band to perform inside Berks County’s Crystal Cave
Tractors rule at Old Time Plowboys show in Kutztown
VIDEO | ‘S Kutztown Folk Festival hot gschtaert
21 area wineries, meaderies, breweries to participate in Taste of Kutztown