Hunsecker’s Mill Covered Bridge – Pictures and Location Map

 

Of the  29 existing covered bridges in Lancaster County Hunsecker’s Mill is the longest with a 180′ span that extends over the Conestoga River, connecting Upper Leacock and Manheim townships. Located approximately one mile southeast of Pennsylvania route 272 and 0.5 miles (0.8 km) north of Pennsylvania Route 23 off Mondale Road on Hunsecker’s Road, the bridge was first built in 1843 but has been destroyed by surging flood waters more than once. The current incarnation of Hunsecker’s Mill covered bridge was constructed in 1973 following hurricane Agnes at a cost of $321,302.

All photos © visitpadutchcountry.com

Comments are closed.